Idvd Error When Burning the Error #-1 Was Reported…

Weed

Registered
Hi all

When burning my completed project to dvd through iDVD I have a problem right at the end of the procedure (at burn).

The error #-1 was reported…
..and the process just stops. When I go to open my project again the file has to re-encode.

I have tried archiving and using the archived version and also creating a disk image of the project in case my burner was the problem but that too loses it.
I have tried cacheoutX, mac janitor and every disk first aid imaginable.

I have 40 gig of free space and am using an external LaCie firewire burner with my g4 processor mac mini computer.

The project is only very simple - a menu with additional audio track with it linked to a 30min movie.

My head is getting very sore from constant banging against the wall and I think I'll keel over if it is a simple problem to solve but can anyone help me?

I am in the same boat. I've successfully burned several DVDs before this. Now I am trying to figure out what is wrong. I have iDVD, running on an eMac with OS 10.3, using an external LaCie DVD burner, and Sony DVD+R and DVD-R (I'm trying both - with no success). I've got 2 Gigs of data, so it shouldn't be that. And I'm getting the error#-1, which I have searched on all over the place, to no avail.

I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but since I didn't see any responses, I wondered if you figured it out?

Thanks, g-more

Well I'm not sure if I did. But I had put an audio track on the theme menu and when I took it off and left the menu with its default music (if there is any) it processed fine no errors at all (It musn't like Audioslave :).
I had tried another theme to test the theory and put an audio track on it other than its default .. another error appeared it had an error #1 and some other one.
The audio tracks I had imported were straight from iTunes and it didn't like it. If you have an audio track on your menu other than the default one try taking it off again. (It will probably have to decode again but it might be worth it.)
Good luck and let me know how you went...

Weed

I am getting the same error #1 reported at the end of the encoding process and I am about to throw my brand new imac G5 down the toliet in dispair...

I have burned many iDvd's before on my powerbook and one on my imac without issue. I went to add a slideshow and a second movie (both are less than 6 minutes) to the latest project and I ran into the problem for the first time...and subsequent 6 attempts...ugg!

I have searched some boards and some susgest that it might be an issue with the slideshow...dunno...any thoughts?

My forhead is black and blue from banging it on my desk...good thing it is pine and not maple.

Thanks

oooooh G5iMac - nice!!

Well as stated above my issue was a soundtrack added to the opening menu. Did you do the same thing?
I suppose to test your slideshow theory, archive the project then try processing it on your powerbook. Or add a different menu theme to your existing project and try again.
I have to say these error one problems generally pop up with adding a audio track to the menu.

Sorry I can't be any more help

I had the same problem, becoming crazy.
I worked on it more than one week.
Error #1, at the end of the video render, (6 or 7 hours)...
In fact, we have to change of theme.
Some of them don't work correctly, It depends of the size of the original file (mine 17 G)...

Try another theme, it will work.
Best.

Weed said:
Hi all

When burning my completed project to dvd through iDVD I have a problem right at the end of the procedure (at burn).

The error #-1 was reported…
..and the process just stops. When I go to open my project again the file has to re-encode.

I have tried archiving and using the archived version and also creating a disk image of the project in case my burner was the problem but that too loses it.
I have tried cacheoutX, mac janitor and every disk first aid imaginable.

I have 40 gig of free space and am using an external LaCie firewire burner with my g4 processor mac mini computer.

The project is only very simple - a menu with additional audio track with it linked to a 30min movie.

My head is getting very sore from constant banging against the wall and I think I'll keel over if it is a simple problem to solve but can anyone help me?

I'm having exactly the same problem.
I have done a "tester" disc and it done it fine with no problems, but everytime i try n do this particular bit of film it won't.
Been trying for weeks now, and its someones wedding so i don't no what im going to do.
anyone worked it out yet?
grrr the frustration!

Back