iDVD help

Marlom

Registered
I recently purchased some LOST episodes from iTunes to watch on my G3 iBook but when I play them they run really bad. (Lagging video mostly) So I assume its my iBook (I've had it for awhile). So I burned the episodes to CD (I have a CDR/DVD Player on my iBook) and figured I would bring it to work and burn the episodes on DVD using iDVD (I have a G5 with a DVD Burner at work) so that I can just watch the episodes I bought as a DVD on my iBook. But when I try to drag the movie to my project in iDVD I get a windwo that says Unsupported file type: Invalid Video. When I click get info on one of the epsiodes it says its a MPEG-4 Video File. Can anyone tell me what's wrong or if there is a different way to watch the episodes I bougth from iTunes on my G3 iBook without it lagging so much. Thanks for any help you can give me.

iTunes' DRM & iDVD prevent the burning of videos you bought from the iTunes music store to DVD. It's not Apple's fault, technically. It an obsucre flaw in the DMCA (write your congressman and complain!!) that prevents Apple from allowing it.

Though, as an experiment (cause i don't have an iTunes video to try it with) you might try using toast. I don't know if it will ignore the iTMS DRM, since it was last updated before iTunes started selling videos..... worth a shot.

Back