Ie 5.1.4 Wow!

BBenve

Apple seeder
Well orer... the last update to V5.1.4 made my IE very very fast.... i mean.. the browser works the same way.. but the resizing.. WOW now is fast...almost real time... Go M$..for once the update made something nice.... now...what about a competely new version...V6 MADE ONLY FOR OS X???
Well..i just wanted to oint out...that for once.. M$ made a nice improvement.....

Well dunno about that, i always used IE (tryed Chimera and it is WAAAAY faster in rendering)... the browser speed is always the same.. but window resizing got very very fast on my machine.

If you had the gall to move the application from the root of the applications folder, the updater will not believe you have it installed!

Sorry about the tone. I have been writing bug reports to Apple for ages now stating the SW Update facility is broken. If you move an an Apple supplied application from its installed location the updater will either ignore it or install pieces in the expected location.

Every time I run SW Update I move all 60 non-utility applications out of their application subdirectories. And move them back after the update.

I am done venting.

I agree. That is ridiculous. But no, I actually never moved IE from /Application. I did rename it to Exploder. Maybe that's it. I will try renaming it back to Explorer once I can quit IE and run Software Update again.

Originally posted by dricci
Internet "Exploiter" is a much more fitting name than Exploder. :D :p

Not when you can get something like this image. :)

Attachments

• exploder.jpg
    exploder.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 68
That was it, btw. Renamed it back to Internet Explorer and Software Update found it. Thanks.

Back