Ie 6 - Wtf?!

genghiscohen

Membrum virile
Tonight I was slumming - taking a spin in Virtual PC. I came across one of those M$ ads telling me that my life was not complete until I installed Internet Explorer 6. I was bored, so I thought "Why not?"
Okay, the installation took longer than any browser installation in OS X ever did, but hey, VPC is slow at everything. Then it finally gets done, and a dialog box pops up and tells me I gotta restart my 'puter!
Restart?!? For a browser?!!?
Oh, those poor Windoze suckers! :D

Originally posted by genghiscohen
Tonight I was slumming - taking a spin in Virtual PC. I came across one of those M$ ads telling me that my life was not complete until I installed Internet Explorer 6. I was bored, so I thought "Why not?"
Okay, the installation took longer than any browser installation in OS X ever did, but hey, VPC is slow at everything. Then it finally gets done, and a dialog box pops up and tells me I gotta restart my 'puter!

Ah yes.....Internet Explorer digging it's claws into the system! Remember that micro$oft integrated their browser so deeply into window$, that they said it would be impossible to remove it from the os. ;)

'Tis true... If you're browsing files in a regular Windows window, and type a URL into the location bar, it turns into an IE window.

Originally posted by genghiscohen

All updates done through the windows update site require you to restart.

Back