IE Font Formatting Bug?

evildan

Super Moderator
I have had this issue a few times...

Let's see if I'm the only one in the world.

When creating an HTML page, I've noticed that paragraphed text doesn't always wrap correctly.

There is no code or object that is making the text break the way it does... in fact, this issue only happens when viewing the page from a Mac OSX (10.1.5 and 10.2.x) in IE (5.1.x AND 5.2.x).

I have attached a sample of what is happening. (Which does NOT happen in any other browser).

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Attachments

• sample.gif
    sample.gif
    51.8 KB · Views: 19
i've seen things like that but don't remember exactly. what happens if you move the "i" tags inside the "a" tags (nesting)?

also, what happens if you make the hrefs much shorter? (i know that they are _wrong_ then, just assuming that ie has a problem with the very long links...)

I've had this problem too - especially on a site I'm working on: socialone.com , where in some places it just seems like there's no rhyme or reason as to why the line breaks, and on some refreshes it will fix itself only to reappear broken again on the next refresh... did fryke's advice help?

Yep i opened the URL in IE in 10.2.2. Worked just fine. The text didn't break like you said.

Twister

Back