IE fux0rz up this site sometimes - or not?

dille

Registered
I usually browse this site with IE6 on NT4 (hey, that's at work, OK?). Sometimes (well, actually, a lot of times) a page will go really screwy, with half the source "shining through", tables all messed up, images and text missing, and I sometimes even see PHP code :eek: (which shouldn't happen, right?). I wonder if this is IE6 (which is not half as stable, rendering-wise, as 5.5; at least not on NT4), the fucked up proxy @ work (which blocks everything but IE on win, and no, the admin refuses to change that :( ), or is the site having problems? Or is it a combo of the three?

IE5.5 on win2k seems to have less problems, I'll try with IE6 on win2k and let you know.

Point two: if somebody attaches an image, I don't see it. I get a placeholder that's (guessing) 16x16 px. That's it.

Another little gripe: would it be possible to include width and height with the img tags? That would make loading a page a bit less of an "oh look! everything is flying around" experience... Really a bitch if you try to click a button image before everything is fully loaded =]

Looking at this thread on Windows XP box running IE6.

Works like a charm... must be something with your proxy?!

If anyone else has issues, let me know.

Admin

... but why does the PHP code show up then? or is that a total coincidence?

And what the hell are you doing on XP :eek:

In that screen shot, I see no real PHP code... the server will not spit out any PHP code to you (unless I goof up)... so I think what you are seeing is garbage from the proxy server. It's probably some windows proxy, what can you expect? :)

As for using Windows XP... I have Mac, Windows & Linux machines hooked up to my KVM switch. My primary system is Mac.

:)

Admin

Back