IE or Chimera handling .wmv?

jove

Hello,

How do I train either or both browsers to open Windows Media Player? The movies come in as text! I tried adding a helper entry into IE without luck.

You need to verify that the MIME type sent by the web server with the file matches the MIME type in the file helper entry in IE, and that the rest of the settings for the file helper entry in IE are appropriate for saving the file and playing it back with WMP.

Hello,

OK, that is what I figured. The entry was reentered by running the WMP installer. I left the app in the default install location. Viewing source only reveals the name and extension. ASFs load fine. AVI's will not load in QT or WMP but go to appropriate player.

How do I detect the Mime type. I can very easily create a new .wmv entry with the correct mime type.

Do you know where these settings are in Chimera?

I have that same exact rotten problem, and I got that same rotten headache trying to figure it out in IE's file helper dialogs. I tried reinstalling 3 times to no success. I'm starting to feel like an idiot.

Netscape 7 will show you the MIME type of a link supplied by the server when you click on the link.

All browsers should be using the InternetConfig system-wide settings for helper app configuration, but only IE lets you easily view and edit those settings (in the File Helper and Protocol Helper portions of the IE Preferences dialog.)

Back