if pceee people ruled the world....

PIE is awasome....

ok er... parameters....

if bill gates ruled the world and wanted to take mac off the market.....

would you...

1. incite rebellion
2. quietly conform...
3. something else....

Maybe – I suppose it's not PeeCees that hack me off, but narrow-minded, blinkered, stupid PeeCee users who need the kind of idiot-proofing that is built in to Windoze and who condemn Macs and OS X without ever having tried them! :mad: I consider myself to be one of the good guys ;) as I have both a Mac and a PC. It's kinda telling that I only ever use the PC for gaming. ::ha::

Apologies if I have offended anyone with the Osama crack. :(

Number 3, but I won't say what it would be since it will be positively shocking when I unleash the fury of my wrath ::evil:: Man that's a really depressing thought there HoZ,the world would be even more bland than it is now. But then again I agree with the above statement by CaptainQuark.

There will always be an alternative computing solution. I bet linux really pisses ole' billy off, but theres nothing he can do about it. He doesn't own every machine that is sold.

Also, on the "stupid windoze (L)users" comment, i offer the conversation that i hear most in concern to switching:

Me: You should get a mac.
Them: Theres no right click.
Me: If you use a mac properly, you don't necessarily need one. And plus, with OSX, you can plug one in, and it works just as you expect it.
Them: Oh. Well, I used one once, and when you close the program, it doesn't close!!
Me: Thats on purpose. It takes next to no resources to keep a program running on a mac, while enabling you to open files faster than from a full load of the software. Like photoshop.
Them: Oh. Well they don't have the programs I like.
Me: Like...?
(i begin to answer very quickly now)
Them: MS Office
Me: Got it
Them: AIM
Me: Got it, and better
Them: Internet Explorer (yes, I've heard it, frequently)
Me: Got it, and cleaner
Them: Oh. Well I just don't like them.

Stupid, Stupid people. I'm pretty sure all of us can relate, at least a little, to this convo :)

I sorta dislike all these pc vs. mac discussions. Why do ppl from one group have to convince ppl from another group? If you are satisfied with your group and since it's not like you love the ppl from the other group, why be so nice and show them the benefits of your group? I see only one reason for this: "I am smarter than you since I made the better choice". Are we really still that primitive? Or is it just a thing between young ppl? I once read a study on the need for young ppl to fight eachother and quickly prove their rank. Older ppl are kinda already ranked and do not feel the urge need to change it as much as young ppl.

You are an exception, Quark. A man in your age still playing online games.. we discussed about that before. ;)

Listen, its not that. Its that these people, while ignorant, still use windows, and are still my friends. I try to tell people to use a mac, becausei'm tired of fixing their internet explorer. I work in tech support, everyone knows this, and i get lots of calls everyday to fix windows. I have a completely good reason to dislike windows, and persue trying to get people to switch.

i agree, people ask me all the time to fix their computers. the first thing i say when then tell me whats wrong is "Have you reformatted yet?". hahah

it just occurred to me that NASA is going thru the same thing as the PC industry: sometimes something amazing is brought out (Mars landing, part 2, Hubble images, advancements in computing and IT, etc), but for the most part they are stuck trying to please the masses in order to stay alive, all the while using the technology constructed by the lowest bidders.

Back