iheartradio starts up when i check my texts

Michah923

Registered
I have been having a situation when using my iPhone which is goofy. When I check my texts, iHeart radio starts up. It is rather inconvenient. Has anyone had this experience, or know how to fix it? I reset and restored my phone to no effect. Please help.

How are you checking your texts? Are you sliding the notifications in the lock screen notification center (which take you directly to the text), or are you unlocking your phone, touching the "Messages" application icon, and then checking them that way?

Do you get to actually see your texts, then iHeartRadio starts up after, or is it as if the Messages application is launching iHeartRadio instead of the Messages app?

Thanks for responding. First, iHeart is not being played when I am checking the texts, or answering the phone. Second, I am responding to a text notification and going in that way. I cannot recall but will try to re-create it from a locked screen. What is bazaar is when it happens, I am not wearing a headset, so the radio blares in the most inappropriate times.

My wife's iPod may be experiencing something similar, which may be a misunderstanding of how the iPod and the related music functions work.

We have an iHome clock/dock thing that we use to play white noise for our infant son when he's trying to go to sleep -- if we turn on the iPod via the controls on the iHome dock thing, the iPod automatically starts playing music from the playlist that was last accessed.

If we turn on the iPod by sliding the switch, though, selecting the white noise app, THEN turn on the iHome dock thing, all is well.

I believe these two instances (yours and mine) may be related, and they may be due to how the iPod operates in terms of automatic playing of music. Might not be a "bug" after all, but rather a "feature" of how the iPod operates.

Are you specifically stopping iHeartRadio from playing by pressing the "pause" button? Or are you simply quitting the app or locking the iPod in the middle of a stream, such that when the iPod resumes, it thinks you want to resume playing the music?

Mine does the same thing only when the alarm comes on or I hang up from a phone call. It's really annoying especially when it comes on after my alarm goes off!!!

I am stopping iHeart Radio rather thank quitting the application. I think you may have the answer to the issue. It just gets a little used to and am not sure more people have an issue with it.

Thanks.

Back