iLife 06 - Not Ready for Primetime

limike28

Registered
I don't usually gripe aobut Apple products, and have found most to be pretty ok. However, iLife 06 has really annoyed me. Actually, not the whole suite, but iWeb, and iPhoto.

For the most part I like the latest iPhoto, but it has one major flaw. In the past you were able to quickly create a homepage for sharing images. It was quick, and Apple had many decent templates for the homepage as part of .Mac.

Now you are forced to go through the "not quite ready for real use" iWeb. Now, I have no issue with the concept of iWeb, but the implementation is not so great. For instance, there are hardly any templates available built in. You would have thought, some of the templates from homepage would have been included.

Hopefully this gets rectified in a free update. Currently, I don't look forward to using iWeb at all.

Please provide feedback to Apple. With iPhoto open, drop down to the provide feedback option in the iPhoto menu. If enough of us complain, maybe, just maybe, Homepage publishing will return to iPhoto.

yea, iWeb is a bit of an embarrassment. Not only is the code it spits out horrible, but it exports all images as flippin' PNG files! even photos! so your page ends up being 500k or more minimum.

the rest of the suite makes up for it tho IMO. for me, it was Garageband's new video scoring that got me really excited, and the additions to iDVD and iMovie are great (although iMovie's title sequence thing only has, like, 2 templates).

Back