I'll bet 15" AluBook out tomorrow.. (just a guess)

buggerit

Brown Eye 4 The Queer Guy
don't ask me how or why, but i'm willing to stake my claim-to-fame on betting the 15"ers are about to be announced. That's tomorrow morning in our time in Australia, or in a few hours over in the US of A.

;) and try not to beat me down when they don't come out..

(btw, check out how http://www.apple.com/hardware/ has the 15" in poll position - getting rid of them perhaps?)

why tommorrow

I think they will come out when apple has sold all the TiBooks. But maybe they are still producing them. They are probably watiting for the next good occasion.

I don't see why they would introduce the 15-inch Alubook tomorrow, as it is less than a week until the WWDC. Announcing the update just days before a big conference like that would be ... odd. That's not to say Apple don't do some odd things now and then, but we all know how much they delight in unveiling a new product in front of a crowd, rather than with a press release and a photo on the website.

And I'm pretty sure it is "Pole Position" and that the phrase comes from motorsport, or possibly even horse-racing.

PS: I am also a Poverty Stricken Student from Ballarat, Orstraya - thats about an hour from Melbourne, for our overseas friends - so I am as reliable a source of information as you are. ;-)

The reason? It's TUESDAY tomorrow. And we all know that Apple like's tuesdays now. Maybe we'll see something...

A PowerBook using Aluminum for the outer shell instead of Titanium. The new generation of PowerBooks, to which the last TiBooks do not belong. Thus we're all waiting for the 15" PB to be replaced.

As much as I hate putting any faith in rumor sites, none of them have predicted tomorrow and usually at least one of them gets it right.

Then again, maybe because none have predicted tomorrow Apple will pull it out just to laugh at everyone... nah.

I feel like I'm trying to predict the rapture.

"no one knows the hour or day....etc"

"so if I say it will happen tomorrow morning at 5:00 am Eastern time, then it definitely will not? or if everyone in the world thinks that it can't possibly be thursday night at 8:00 GMT, it will be? that way no one would expect it. except then I would know it would be then, so it couldn't be then...."

hahaha...

:rolleyes: :D ::angel::

I think they'd reveal it at Macworld Expo because that is the typical place/time for these kinds of announcements... and I have heard nothing so far about Powerbooks at WWDC.

ok you can close this thread now.
maybe even delete it to spare me the pain and embarresment and being completely wrong.

what's that? i have no dignity? oh, that....

Originally posted by cwoody222
What's an AluBook?
the new powerbooks. i dont know if anybody answered this yet.

hehe gee - not only new cds and dvds will come out on a tuesday but a powerbook? (ehem - alubook?) wow. that'll make someone's day.

bug: HA HA HA HA, YOU'RE WRONG! :D :D :p ::ha:: ::ha::

Okay, it's out of me, I'm calm... deep breath... H—*clamp* Sorry, it slipped. Really, I'm done.

Originally posted by cwoody222
What's an AluBook?

the Titanium PB was nicknamed the TiBook so people are likewise nicknaming the future aluminum PB the AluBook

Back