Ill CS2 files disappearing - any ideas??

cwillocks

Registered
Maybe someone can give me a clue as to what is going on with our files. This has happened to two of our artists now.

When they click on an illustrator CS2 file to open it, the icon simply vanishes. Poof! Gone!

The files can be located easily using the FIND feature and then they reappear in the folder. I've actually seen them just pop back in the window.

It only seems to happen with Illustrator files, stored on our server.

any ideas???

if relevant, users are working Mac G4 and G5, OS 10.4.6

what kind of server do you have? I have heard of file weirdness having to do with temp files that CS and CS2 create.

I have a feeling you are going to find out that 10.4.6 is the culprit. I remember reading somewhere during my frantic search last night to resolve my issues that once you update to 10.4.6, you lose the ability to double click to open many Adobe files on a network server. I think it has something to do with the AppleShare Core that was updated in 10.4.6. We ran into issues last night that only appeared AFTER I upgraded my machines to 10.4.6.

Hope this helps

Chris

Ah…nothing like being on the bleeding edge of OS X. I recommend never upgrading your server software till all the bugs are worked out first. General rule of thumb is only upgrade after the NEXT system comes out.

Back