Illustrator CS problem

Urbansory

The Definition of...
For whatever reason, when i hold down shift and resize, it does not lock the scaling. Nor does the hold the space bar change the cursor to the hand for scrolling around a page. Really cuts into my production. Any help would be appreciated.

***Edit
Apparently this problem is in Photoshop as well. Checked Flash to see if it was a shift issue in all apps, nope, didn't happen then. Shift to get caps works fine in Ill and PS. I don't know. This damn G5 has been acting strange lately.

Seems to work now, i shut down when i left work. Not sure what that was all about, because I tried everything to resolve it.

Are you using MS Entourage 2004? There seems to be a little incompatibility problem between this program and the key combinations you mention in Adobe software.
If this is your case, try installing the MS Office 2004 Service Pack 1.

Also try deleting the Adobe Illustrator Prefs file (make a copy of it first). Sometimes the preferences to programs get corrupted. I find Illustrator particulary buggy in this way.

Glad it worked out! :)

wasn't using Entourage on that computer. Deleted the prefs, still had the same problem. The restart was the answer. Just strange that it happened.

Must have been a system thing. I'd repair permissions if I were you. Have you tried Cache Out? it's a free utility that cleans all your internet and system caches. Get it at versiontracker.

Went to your site—very cool!

Back