Illustrator cs question...

daveyt

Registered
Hi All

First post, so I'll jump right in...!

Ok, in Illustrator CS I've set up an artboard and want to tile pages on it. I want these pages ONLY to be within the artboard. However, when I specify 'tile full pages' in print dialog my pages go off the artboard altogether...

It's been bugging me for ages, any help...?

Thanx

dave

I don't really understand your question, but I'll tell you that page tiling in CS2 has become way more robust. You can now drag the tiling around and select where the tiling starts and ends, as compared to CS where it would only go in the defualt location. Also, page tiling can now be set to overlap by a specified amount, which was unavailable in CS.

The long and short of it, is that most people will have the entirety of their artwork fill the artboard, and so tiliing is defaulted to extend beyond the artboard. Otherwise, you couldn't ever print outside the "document margins" or artboard size. Get CS2 and your problems will likely be solved.

I agree with ibrgrafix: We need more info. Your use of the word "tiling" is a bit confusing.

If you want to tile a large format document to a printer, just center it on your artboard and then select the Tile option in the print dialog box.

If you want to create a multi-page document, I suggest you create it in InDesign or Quark, not Illustrator. Illustrator is just not a good program for multi-page documents.

Back