Illustrator CS2 and A1 prints

bonzo65

Registered
Hi all

I'm having problems printing to an HP designjet 130 from illustrator CS2. I'm trying to print plans (simple line illustrations) to A1 size. The print is fine for about the first 200mm and then nothing!. The same illustration scaled to A2 prints fine.

Any ideas out there?

I'm using the basic HP software and I'm on Tiger 10.4.2

If I export it as a tiff to Photoshop it prints fine.

Thanks in advance

Steve

In Illustrator main menu 'View', select 'Show Page Tiling' and make sure the print boundary is the correct size and positioned correctly on the artboard. If it isn't you can move it using the Page Tool by option clicking the Hand Tool. It's size is determined by Page Setup.

cheers patrean, but there doesn't seem to be a problem with that - all looks present and correct on screen and in the print dialogue box.

It doesn't seem to matter what I print (I start a new file each time). It just cuts out at the same spot (it does continue after that but just prints the odd line or dash)

steve

sounds like a postscript problem since your photoshop files are printing and your illustrators aren't. Have you downloaded the latest Tiger updates for your printer from hp?

Back