Illustrator Cs2 I/o Error

Eddie Woodard

Registered
I just installed Illustrator CS2 full install on my G5. After loading is complete I get an (ERROR IN Line 1: I/O Error. What is this and is it harmful to the software's funtionality.
Thanks,
Eddie

I have the same error. I found that Adobe's Website has a fix for this error however it does not work for me.

I have two machines with OSX 10.4.2 with 1.1 patch and CS2. One works fine, other has error. The one that works is a fresh install. The one that doesn't work used the OSX migration assistant. Maybe something maybe not.

I was having the same issue with a G5 running 10.4. Only it was only happening with a standard user and not the administrator account. I checked the Adobe site and this is what they said:

Error: "Error in...Line 1:...IO Error" when you start (Illustrator CS2, Bridge 1.0.1, 1.0.2 on Mac OS X)

Issue

When you try to start Adobe Illustrator, you receive the following error: "Error in. Line 1: IO Error."

Detail

You logged in as a standard user.

Solution: Change the permissions on the Adobe folder.

1. Log in as the root user.

2. Select the Adobe folder in Library/Application Support, and choose File > Get Info.

3. Expand Ownership And Permissions, and then expand Details.

4. Change the permissions for Owner, Group, and Others to Read & Write.

The only detail left out is that you must apply these settings to all items within the folder.

This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Back