Im a newbie!

tboy555

Registered
Hi, I am a new mac user. Actually, I am not a mac user yet, but might like to be. I work as an IT rep for a university, and I have decided that I know almost next to nithing about Macintosh, and that I am missing out. Does anybody know where I can go to learn more about Macs, I mean, some good articles to read for beginers? I want to know how the mac os works, how to install it from scratch, all that stuff. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks
Tboy

As far as installing it goes, you probably won't need to. When you buy the hardware the OS is installed, unless you buy the hardware used from someone who wiped the HD.

I have the book "Mac OSX: The Missing Manual" from O'Reilly. I highly recommend it. It's good for beginners but still has a lot of technical stuff in it, so you can also use it as a reference. I've been using macs for years and it was still telling me a lot I didn't know.

There is an OS9 version as well, but not much point in learning that any more.:)

There's only one place to go where you can find the 100% truth about Mac's...both inside & out. Where you can view statistics on the hardware, as well as some amazing software! One place where the majority of your questions and troubles will be answered within one glance. That place is...

...Follow the yellow brick road!

P.S. Welcome to the macintosh community! We're sure you'll enjoy yourself! :)

dsynder - That's a great resource, thanks for posting that! I'll have to have a good look at it when I have some time. One day I'll. Sure I will

Back