I'm a Switcher

Malefickus

Registered
Well, not sure where to introduce myself, so I'll just say that I'm a Switcher! I've had very little trouble switching to Mac OS X. In fact, I fired up my old windows machine last night, and I felt so lost. To those that are considering switching, it isn't a real hard process, just take the time to accept the changes from Windows, and embrace them.

Only real question I have is on my MacBook (I have an iMac and a MacBook now) I can't figure out how to get a screenshot on World of Warcraft. On my iMac it's F13, and on Windows it's Print Screen. I really don't want to change any bindings in WoW, so if anyone knows what key it might be defaulted to for the MacBook, that'd be great.

Hello Malefickus & welcome to MacosX :)

Congrats on your smooth transition to Mac OS X ... I too found the switch fairly easy, in fact, a whole lot easier to switch from Win XP to Mac OS Tiger than I think it might have been if I'd switched to a Pre Mac OS X version ...

Out of necessity I sometimes hop behind the wheel of my Win XP box and have to admit I quickly revert back to the old ways of doing stuff and although I feel fairly comfortable navigating the file system I never stick around for too long there ;)

FWIW, the full lowdown on taking screenies on a Mac:

• To take a picture of the whole screen press Command (/⌘) + Shift + 3.

• To take a picture of part of the screen press Command (/⌘) + Shift + 4, then drag the crosshair to select the area you want in the picture(To cancel, press Escape).

• To take a picture of a window, a menu, the menu bar, or the Dock, press Command (/⌘) + Shift + 4, then press the Space bar to turn the cursor into a camera icon. Move the camera icon over the area you want so that it's highlighted, then click.

• To drag to select the area instead, press the Space bar again. To cancel, press Escape.

Screen shots are saved as files on the desktop. If you want to put the screen shot in the Clipboard, rather than create a file, hold down the Control key when you press the other keys. You can then paste the picture into a document.

You can also take pictures of the screen using the Grab application (in the Utilities folder).

Some applications, such as DVD Player, may not let you take pictures of the screen.

Never ever knew about the camera option. So easy. Never again will I crop a window, just point and click. Thanks VirtualTracy.

Back