Im looking for a doggie....

Lessthanmighty

A never ending cycle...
I am looking to buy a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Since my parents aren't being any help at all I thought I might as well try my good friends at macosx.com. I have found out a lot of useless garbage about these types of animals, the problem is that I have no idea where to look to find a good place to BUY one. I have found some place close by that are breeders for these type of dogs, but that requires me to use the phone. None of these places have websites, which would be really nice.

So to sum it up: I know what kind of dog im looking for. Now, where do I go from there. Any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks!:)

:D Have a nice day!:D

:D Get a beagle. They're just like corgi (what the $#@ is the plural of corgi?) but beagles actually have legs that reach all the way to the ground. ;)

you should get the kind of dog Kaylee has. I cannot remember the name. I love that dog. he is funny. that little puff ball!

Or you could get that huskey Samantha wanted. SHE would be ticked! ahahahaha. it is only $300. I think you could handle that.

:)

Well my problems might have just been answered. There was an add in todays paper about Corgi pups for sale by a breeder.

In case you were wondering... this is what is looks like.

Attachments

• pcorgi.jpg
    pcorgi.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 19
what about adopting?

I know there is greyhound rescues, as well as boxer, great dane etc, etc...

Not only that adopting let's you pick all sorts of wierd looking dogs. ;)
(and they usually live forever compared to pure breeds)

As much as I would love to save a doggies life it will ultimately be my parents desicion. I kinda of also wanted a puppy. They can be trained to their surrondings much eaiser, since I plan to keep it for as long as possible. I dont like the idea of taking some elses dog. It has already learned what to do from the last family. I dont want some Hil jacks dog that was taught it could shit all over the place and that was ok.

I quess what im saying is that I want to train it from the very begining. I want it to be MY dog. Does that make sense?

:)

whoa... twyg and rick have the same number of posts... whatever.

anyway... going to the pound is a great idea. And your mom would like the price a lot more.

YES! That is all true. Price will be a huge factor! Have you any idea what the odds are of finding a dog that I like. My parents wont have a choice in the matter. If I have to take care of it, I get to choose what it will be.

I found my dog at the pound. He's a beagle and was barely more than a puppy, with much the same colouring as your corgi pics but with legs that reach all the way to the ground. I named him "Rutherfurd".
He took a bit of effort to train - beagles are renowned for being stubborn and thick-headed. But once a habit has been formed, he will always follow that behaviour.
I used to have him inside the house of an evening, after work, and he had his own space next to the couch and knew not to come into the kitchen at all, even when I was cooking.
When I was living in a flat in the city he stayed with my parents for about a year, and picked up some very bad habits - he learnt that if he bashed down the back door he could get to the cat food, and mum and dad did very little to discipline him.
Now, he lives with my sister (who really needed a watchdog) and is better behaved, but he still sees me as the boss. I am the only one who can walk him off the lead, as he runs away for anyone else. He is a diligent guard dog who will howl loudly if he sees strangers around, but won't make a peep any other time.
Anyway, don't dismiss the idea of getting a pound-dog until you've gone there and done your research. If you find a puppy you like, ask them to hold onto it for you while you check out if the breed is suited to your home.

you should name your dog Reginald... or Thadius. how about Rasputin? YOU MOM WOULD LOVE THAT!!! ahahahahahahaha

:) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes:

I appreticate you opinions symphonix. Thanks.

Nummi... I will probably name it something cool like that.

Do any of you guys have an opinion on cool dog names?

My plan was to name all my dogs after physicists and all my cats after philosophers, but since I only ended up with one dog and zero cats, it sort of got forgotten.
Weirdest dog names I've heard:
Oppenheimer
Hermes
Vladmir
Byron
Pussycat
Laika (first dog in space, I think)

or you could do what my friend did, and call the white one 'blacky' and the black one 'snowy' - it confuses the hell out of the neighbours.

Well aint it a small world.

I went to the Animal Shelter today. Not a very big selection. Most of the dogs were full grown adults. There were like 3 puppies. They didnt exactaly strike my fancy. Well, I guess I have to find another shelter.

Back