Imac display has gone weird

qaz111111

Registered
The display on my Imac (400 Mhz) has become blanched and distorted. The colors are off the control panel cannot adjust the abnormalities.

What has happened and which component has failed. I have Imacs to cannibalize for parts but I need to know which parts to replace. (PS I have replaced parts safely in CRTs before.)

Please help.. and thanks!

To me, it sounds like the CRT itself needs to be replaced. But, before you try to do anything with it, remember to discharge the CRT :)

Isn't there on the CRT display a screw, which you can adjust? it should do something.. I dunno if it helps with you problem..

I had a similar problem with some iMacs at work--but since we have a massive tech budget the admin decided to just trash them.

My problem would spontaneously correct itself, but sounds quite similar to yours. Sometimes my screen would go green or blue.

Perhaps something is lose. I suppose if you feel confident enough you can open your iMac and have a look at the CRT for loose parts, especially the display control connection. Heh it will most certainly void whatever warranty you have though....

IMHO: call Apple :p

Back