iMac G3/400 DV (Slot Loading - Fruit) Ram? PLEASE HELP!!

The Mac

Registered
I been wanting to upgrade my iMac G3 ram for a while now and I did all my research online and mactacker. I just wanted to make sure this will work for my Apple iMac G3/400 DV (Slot Loading - Fruit). I just wanted to make sure before I buy it on Ebay. Thanks to everyone who helps!

Product Details:
• 168-pin unbuffered DIMM
• Density: HIGH DENSITY
• PC133 133FSB
• 3.3 Volts
• 6 Layer unbuffered
• CAS Latency 3
• 4 Bank
• Off-chip driver (OCD) impedance adjustment, and on die termination (ODT)

Technical Information:
Memory Size: 1GB SDRAM 168Pin
Number: 21 x 512MB
Memory Speed: 133Mhz

More Information:
512MB x 2
Non ECC
Non Registered
UnBuffered
6 Layer
Non Parity

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310085042049

Indeed. However, "Macsales" and "Other World Computing" is a bunch of idiots. If you know what you need, fine. If you ask their opinion--from a "Technical Support"--like . . . does this fit in my Mac--they cannot figure out how to pour piss out from a boot with the instructions on the bottom

When one of these chips failed, they replaced it in a day--life-time warranty:

Data Memory Systems

IF I read your specs correctly: Here.

--J.D.

I would say stay away from no-name brands....it's pretty much at your own risk. You could use the PC brands like Mushkin, Corsair, or OCZ. I actually installed PNY RAM on my iMac G5 and it's been fine since. You don't really have to go the Kingston route, but they are well known for their stability on Macs. They are also usually a little pricier compared to the others. Most of the time, it's just a matter of making sure that you have a consistent set of RAM sticks. Mixing RAM brands isn't always the best option unless you're sure that they have the same specs.

Back