iMac G3, Airport?

Sunnz

Who wants a stylus?
I noticed that there is an Airport slot in my iMac G3, anyone know exactly what kind of wireless card would it take? Would it work with the normal Cardbus/PCMCIA one?

I want to install wireless to the iMac and now I had to choose between usb or cardbus... I guess cardbus would be the preferred option since there are only 2 USB port packed together and it might take up too much space that I can't plug in my keyboard.

I noticed that there is an Airport slot in my iMac G3, anyone know exactly what kind of wireless card would it take? Would it work with the normal Cardbus/PCMCIA one?

I want to install wireless to the iMac and now I had to choose between usb or cardbus... I guess cardbus would be the preferred option since there are only 2 USB port packed together and it might take up too much space that I can't plug in my keyboard.

As far as i can remember in the old days apple had its own card with its own connection method. This card was only available from apple. So I guess you will have to buy an USB one for MAC (or find such a card 2nd hand).

Good luck, Kees

There is a Aiport card, but it's more expensive than the Aiport Express Card New. You can get the Airport card of ebay for around $60, and it's oldest Airport card there is and it also needs the adapted for it with iMacs. Also you can still buy new ones which range around $80.

Back