iMac has lost all 'red' color from screen!

Pakawala

Registered
I have an iMac (iLamp ;-) w/20" screen, 1.25 GHz G4, 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM running OS X 10.4.8. Purchased in Nov '03 along with 3 yr. Apple Care but am now living in Thailand and don't know if the Apple Care extends this far. Earlier this year (3 months ago) I had this same problem but it just 'went away' after several days. Well, now it's back... My screen displays only green (mostly) blue and some yellow. I have completely lost all the red color from my display. HELP! PLEASE

Is the screen red when booting up? You can see if you still have AppleCare here:
http://www.apple.com/support/

No Eric, as stated in original thread, I've LOST all red from the screen. The screen is mostly green and blue with slight traces of yellow. I visited one of the forums on the Apple Support pages and found several others had this problem in the past and there were several suggestions to 'fix' it. Thanks for the reply though. :D

While reading the other forums, everything came back to normal!! Very frustrating in terms of trying to fix the problem but nice to be 'normal' again.

Cheers,
Brian

I'd say that your LCD or inverter board is on it's way out, but, hey, if it works, use it.

Back