Imac M5521 Connecting Via Wifi

Ohrmundt

Registered
Hello everyone. I'm new to Mac so excuse me if the answer to my question is simple. I've recently purchased 3 old Imacs (500mhz 15in 128ram) The model number for these Imacs are M5521. I'm trying to connect them to the internet in my home via wifi and am unsure as to how to accomplish this. So far I've bought compatible usb wifi connecting devices. From my research I found that it "might" be possible to buy a airport wireless card and adapter that I could install in it to make it work, but again I'm new to Mac and really have no idea about it. So my question is is it possible to connect to Wifi, what do I need to buy and where can I find a manual that shows me how? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello;
What you have is a IMac DV/SE model.You can use Apple's original Airport 802.11b wi-fi card in it.However you will need a adapter for the card.Both items can be found on Ebay.Installation is a matter of opening the hatch on the underside of the Imac and installing the card and the adapter.While your in there you might want to up the memory to the max, 1 gb.as 128mb is not going to get you too far on the internet.These machines will run up to OSX 10.4.11 with the ram maxed out.You might want to check out the IFixit website.They more than likely have the directions you need.
Good Luck

Back