iMac Updates?

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
So we all know the iMacs came out with the MacBook Pros. But seeing as how Intel will have much faster proc. updates than IBM or Moto., and also seeing as how the MacBook Pros got updates right as they were being shipped, do you think it's possible we could see iMac updates soon? Even if its just a proc. update?

Reason I ask is because Im kind of looking to finally replace my iMac G4, but love the idea of Rev. B Intel iMac.

I'll probably be getting a new MacBook Pro once the second gens come out, especially since my wife ordered an Inspiron E1705 Core Duo from Dell (yeah, she's a Windows girl :rolleyes:). I'm still enjoying my iMac G5 so the MacBook Pro can wait until the transition comes closer to the end. :)

Depending on what software you use you should probably wait at least 6 months to hop on the intel bandwagon. The Rosetta translation engine for apps that aren't "Universal Native" are slower than on a G5 or earlier chip because of the translation lag time.

While I have some older apps that I use, I have the Macs that can handle them (iMac G5 with Classic, Quadra 650 for even older apps). Anything I would use on the Intel Macs would already have Universal Binaries available. But even still, I would rather wait until the platform matures some more.

Back