imac with intel usb's freeze after sleep

John Rodenburg

Registered
We just purchased 7 new 20" intel imacs with 2GB RAM. More often than not, after waking up from sleep, either the mouse or the keyboard will not function until it is unplugged and plugged in again. The only USB devices connected to the machines are the apple keyboard and mighty mouse. On some machines we have the keyboard plugged directly into the machine, and the mouse plugged into the keyboard, and on others, both are plugged directly into the machine. The problem occurs with both configurations. So far, we have had full success with the unplugging and replugging technique, but this is getting rather irritating. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks much for your time.

Same here on my 20" iMac.

I've been told the problem is with the usb hubs in the keyboard and you need to replace the keyboard.

Haven't replaced mine yet though.

Bob,

Thanks for the help! So far it has worked on all the machines, so long as the mouse is plugged into the imac itself, not the keyboard. Still getting intermittent problems when plugged into the keyboard. Not a huge problem, but frustrating since these are less than a week out of the box. Is there a known problem with the hubs in the keyboard? If so, has apple made a fix, or would replacing the keyboard just give me the same problem?

I have the same problem. In fact Apple had me send back my keyboard and mouse and replaced them. I got a call early this week from Apple Support saying that Apple would soon be providing a software update to solve the problem for everyone :)

Back