Images, error 192

JaViS

Registered
When ever I try to mount an .dmg, .img or .smi I get an error 192 and the following output in the console app:

Can't find dependency com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily of extension com.apple.AppleDiskImageController.
Error loading module: missing dependency.
hdid: LoadDiskImageDriver returned error 0xE00002C0 (-536870208)

All CD, Zip etc are fine...

What the heck is going on... I know other people have the problem, but so far I havn't found the solution...

i get the same type of error. i just log onto my computer as root, and expand and install the programs then log out and back in as the regular user. it works for me

Originally posted by twister
i get the same type of error. i just log onto my computer as root, and expand and install the programs then log out and back in as the regular user. it works for me

Normally I do that to... but seems I found the solution myself: log in at root.. get info on the HD with the system on. Set Owner "System" R/W... Group (could be "admin" and your user has to be part of that group, use netinfo find groups then see if your user name is listed) set it to R/W... everybody else can read only... After this get info on the "System" folder and do the same except that members of group "admin" should be set to "Read only"... That should be it... works perfect for me...;)

Back