images in email

garmp

Registered
Running a G5 single processor with Tiger & Firefox. My dsl account is with yahoo/sbc.

What I want to do is sent a holiday greeting to several people, many of which I haven't contacted for a while, and want to embed an image into the email. Not attach. Attachments can scare people away and I want to get my name out there again. I have received many emails with picture/graphics in them. What do I need to do this. Copy & Paste doesn't work.

Thanks

... and want to embed an image into the email. Not attach. Attachments can scare people away and I want to get my name out there again. ...
"Embedded" graphics are attachments. The recipient's email client understands particular graphics format of the attached files and is thus able to display them. This is controlled at the recipient's end, not the sender's end.

If you want to ensure that your recipients will receive inline graphics as inline graphics, then the only way to do that is to send HTML mail. However, HTML mail is considered by many to be the work of Satan.

Have you tried putting your image into your signature? Mac Mail forces the email to be html format when you do this. Mac Mail can be set to send html emails in Leopard. http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/mail.html

Your best bet, though, is to either use an email marketing service like Constant Contact or create a web page and send a link to that (this is best, I think). But even with email marketing services, if someone has html email turned off they will not see it the way you intended.

Back