Images of Mac OS X

RacerX

Old Rhapsody User
I was looking at some articles on Mac OS X and noticing a trend, most magazines are trying to make the windows into rectangles. Then looking at some books on the subject of Mac OS X I noticed the same thing. The one common thing about all of these publications was that the articles and/or books were almost always on white pages.

This is what I have done for screen shots that I had posted or used in documents since I got my first copy of Mac OS X. Use a white desktop! With a white desktop you can show the drop shadow and have it appear as part of the page (it seem simple enough to me).

Has any one else noticed this?

Here are examples of how an image in a publication could look and how most are currently looking.

Attachments

• examples.jpg
    examples.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 43
Yes, but his second example (on a white desktop) looks MUCH better and doesn't interfere with the rest of the text flow around it (which there would be)... great idea RacerX! You shoud start actively telling people this... I bet it's something that just doesn't come to mind for a lot of these magazine editors...

Back