iMail and multiple yahoo accounts

Landsharkdg

Registered
I have multiple yahoo email accounts. I set up my primary account using yahoo plus on imail. What I would like to know is how can I use one of the secondary accounts when I click on something on the interenet that generates an email? Right now, imail automatically launches a blank email using my primary account, but there is no option to use a different account other than my primary yahoo plus account. I can't even figure out how to temporarily disable imail in order to select a different yahoo account by logging on through the internet. I see the option in imail settings to add another account, but that would require paying for my secondary accounts to become yahoo plus. Or would it? Anyway to fix this? I like the simplicity of imail, but not the inability to choose what account to send email from...

There is no email client on MacOS X named "imail." Apple includes Mail with every installation of MacOS X and iOS. Ipswitch, Inc. produces Ipswitch IMail Server, a Windows-based email server, and IMail Express, a Windows-based free email server for up to 10 users.

To your question--if Mail is your default email client, then Mail will open when you click on a "mailto:" link. When Mail opens, it will open with your default account selected. The default may be determined by a rule rather than being fixed. However, Mail cannot read your mind. Apple has done many wonderful things, but the psychic application is not one of them--not yet anyway. Until Apple adds precognition and telepathy to Mail, you must continue to manually select accounts other than the default.

There _is_ an option to select a different account in Apple's Mail.app ... There should be a "From:" field below the "To:" and "CC:" fields, on the same line where you select your signature and your SMTP server (if more than one are configured).

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, but there is no "from" field that would allow me to switch mail accounts... Checked all the settings in Mail's preferences and nothing allows you to add the from field.

Back