Imail. Problems

Will_Richo

Green & Growing
Hello. I use imail on my g4. I recieve message from work colleagues using windoze, one in particular sends e-mails with excel work docs that he has screen grabbed. The problem is when i click on any of these, i get the spinning disc and nothing happens. The mail app says is is searching for the senders image? is there any way i can stop this from happening, as the only way to get out is to force quit mail.

I do not want to have to use entourage as i like my imail app.

Please help.

PS. I cannot ask him not to send this type of mail as he is not tech enough to know any other way of getting me the info needed.

What's imail? And: I _would_ ask him to just send you the Excel files instead.

Sorry. Apple mail. Yes i can ask him, but would be difficult for him, as i already said. He struggles with more than basic tasks.

Try using a browser instead of Mail and see if it works that way. Or you could teach him :p

Up Date. I have now been using Imap from my ISP for a few weeks and all is well. The only thing i need to do now is set up some way of seeing my tasks Calender and address book on all the machines i use, then i am totally free from carrying my Pbook from place to place.

May have to make my own server?
Thanks for all the replies. ::love::

Will_Richo said:
The only thing i need to do now is set up some way of seeing my tasks Calender and address book on all the machines i use, then i am totally free from carrying my Pbook from place to place.
A .Mac account will solve that problem very neatly. You can use iSynch to synchronize both iCal and AddressBook with .Mac and then you can access them via the internet.

Another possibility that is even more portable is an iPod. Once again using iSynch you can synchronize your AddressBook and iCal with the iPod and call them up on demand. The iPod even recognizes the iCal alarms.

perfessor101 said:
A .Mac account will solve that problem very neatly. You can use iSynch to synchronize both iCal and AddressBook with .Mac and then you can access them via the internet.

Another possibility that is even more portable is an iPod. Once again using iSynch you can synchronize your AddressBook and iCal with the iPod and call them up on demand. The iPod even recognizes the iCal alarms.

Hi. Yes thought about .mac but the main challenge there is that i use Entourage. Now i seem to have some joy on the ISync front i intend to use my SE P910i with Isync and Entourage for all my Calender Address book and tasks. I will set up the ipod for files i have (40 gig 3rd gen) i am only using 18 gig for music, so should be plenty left for my docs.
I have hust been looking at a software package for about $40 that uses isync to sync ical and address book from entourage prior to syncing with the p910i smart phone, may go down that route. They do a smart phone version that takes the data straight from Entourage BUT they do not support the p910i yet :-(. I will let you know how i get on.

I now have 2 MACS, i am so happy, i took delivery of my new Emac today, Very Very happy! Just waiting for my airport express card to arrive.
Then my next purchase in 2005 will be an IMAC. My ultimate goal is to replace all my office Windoze machines with Macs ;-)
TOTAL CONVERSION=RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! Lol.
Thanks for your help......

Back