IMAP account crashes Mail.app

andyhume

Registered
Hi - first time poster here. Hope all is well.

I have been having problems with Mail.app and my IMAP account for a while now - but since upgrading to 10.4.2 last night, Mail.app is crashing everytime I try and connect to the IMAP server. All other POP accounts work fine.

I have disabled all third party apps such as growl, and the message I get in the console is:

----
2005-07-13 11:11:58.072 Mail[331] 0x4fb34b0: observer lock is held, postponing release. break at /SourceCache/Message/Message-733.2/Utilities.subproj/FoundationAdditions.m:650 to debug
----

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

andyhume said:
Hi - first time poster here. Hope all is well.

I have been having problems with Mail.app and my IMAP account for a while now - but since upgrading to 10.4.2 last night, Mail.app is crashing everytime I try and connect to the IMAP server. All other POP accounts work fine.

I have disabled all third party apps such as growl, and the message I get in the console is:

----
2005-07-13 11:11:58.072 Mail[331] 0x4fb34b0: observer lock is held, postponing release. break at /SourceCache/Message/Message-733.2/Utilities.subproj/FoundationAdditions.m:650 to debug
----

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.
If you have been having problems, then you should first check to see if the IMAP server's settings have changed on the server end. These are may be given on the provider's technical support web page. If your settings are current, then speak to technical support staff.

The IMAP server works fine on other email clients such as Thunderbird. Also, no one else is having this problem with the same server.

Still, I will ask our technical guys about it as thy may know something more. Cheers.

Andy.

Hello Andy,

I have the same problems. Funny thing is I have a MacBook Pro where this problems occurs and also with a message until I kill the thread for the Mail.app:

2006-11-29 16:12:18.099 Mail[1637] 0xdd1af00: observer lock is held, postponing release. break at /SourceCache/Message/Message-752.3/Utilities.subproj/FoundationAdditions.m:649 to debug

At my iMac I have the same software revisions and use the same IMAP Account and I have never these problems.

Did you hear anything or find out what the reason for this error is? If I use Thunderbird, I don't have these problems. But I want to use the Mail.app so I have to kill the thread around 2-4 times a day (which is normally not the experience I have with Mac OS X software).

Greetings,

Dino Karl

Back