.img file problem, would like to mount.

Lennonabbeyroad

Registered
first off i apologize if this has been answered. i did a search and found many things about mounting, but none of which helpped my problem or i atleast understood. basically i have a .img file stored on my external harddrive. i want to mount the file but when i open disk utlities and try to i get a "not able to open mathcd.img not reconizable." i'm using an
Machine Name: iBook G4
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)
CPU Speed: 1.33 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 768 MB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.8.7f1
hopefully thats all the info i need to display, if not let me know. any help would be loved, thank you.

I'm in a math class that uses a CD for homework and such. doesn't work on macs, i read if you extract the image files you can mount it. i own the software i'm just tired of having to use roommates computers when their free.

Those .img files are raster graphics image files not disk image files. GraphicConverter can open your files. However, it is not at all clear what you intend to do with a graphic image.

yeah all this stuff was a little complicated for me when i started and now i'm not really sure what the hell i'm doing. thanks for the help though i think i'm gonna hang this idea up.

Back