IMLaunch

Ricky

Registered
Hey all.

Just letting you all know that I have created my first program, and wouldn't you know it? It's OS X 10.2 native! :D I wrote this program cheifly because currently iChat is full of bugs on my computer, so I just wanted a choice between apps, so if I really felt like launching iChat, I could do this. Notice how Fire is the default choice. ;) lol

This is the first place I am publicising (sp?) it, and by downloading it, you are a beta tester. :) Here are the features:

-OS X 10.2 or higher required
-Allows you to launch either Fire.app or iChat.app in a stylish manner
-Cool icon
-Nice brushed metal interface
-Put it in your Login Items to choose and launch an IM app right at startup! (I have done this :))

Repeat, you are beta testing this product. Please report any bugs you may come across here, or suggest features! :)

Download IMLaunch 1.0ß

imlaunch.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! :) Let's get this baby on VersionTracker! :D

Only iChat or Fire? I use Proteus (I just switched), so I'll just wait for a new version. It looks great though.

and there are others as well right? isn't adium a popular one? seems like either you need to add more choices or allow a way for users to add their favorite to the list. but probably a good idea to get some feedback on it as it stands before adding more.

just a thought.

proteus lover here... cant live without that little drawer thing (like tabbed browsing :))

so yeah, make the program so you can add whatever programs to it, that would be cool, but might be hard for you i dunno, im a designer not a programmer ;)

Proteus lover here too... thanx fryke for telling me about it ;)...
Fire's real ugly, sorry for its creators ! :p

Looks like I'm going to really have to evolve my programming skills. :cool: Hmm...

Anyone run across bugs?

Back