Imlib2 compiling issues

s3raphim

Registered
I have just recently started playing with the Mac OSX version of UNIX and I am having a few problems. I am running the developer tools and the MAC OSX version of X11.
Unfortunately when I go to builds tarballs, the software has problems locating things. For example if I install FreeType from Fink (using the FinkCommander GUI) and then go to build Imlib2 using
./configure --host=powerpc-apple-darwin6.6
it can't find the FreeType install I just did. Why is this? Any explanation about how these things are supposed to be working would be great. Thanks.

Fink installs everything below the /sw directory, so you might have to point imlib2 to the location where FreeType has been installed.

Do a ./configure --help to find out what imlib2 expects. It might require an additional --with-freetype=/dir/where/freetype/is/located

Normally, you specify the directory where either the header files or the library files are located. As far as I remember, the main header file is freetype.h and the secondary headers all begin with ft. The library should be named libttf* as I recall.

You could also have a look into the ./configure script and locate the section regarding FreeType. This should uncover what ./configure is really looking for.

Hope this helps :)

Back