Imovie 08 takes hours to load then keeps hanging up!

JCX2009

Registered
Hi

I have been using iMovie 08 for about 9 months. I have an iMac 2.4GHZ Intel with 3 GB of SDRAM running OS X 10.5.5 and more than 90 GB free space on my hardrive.

But over the past few weeks whenever I start it up it takes anywhere from 90 minutes to over 2 hours to load! And this is with nothing else running at all.

I have no events in iMovie that need loading --- no events! --- but I do have 12 open projects on my internal drive (none of them HD) each about 6 minutes long, and none with any video over 90mb.

When iMovie does finally load it works fine for awhile, anywhere from 15 minutes to 5 or 6 hours at a time. But as I work at some point it eventually always hangs up and I have to force quit it. I try leaving it up over night or over the weekend with nothing else running but it never comes back.

I have tried fixing permissions, deleting the plist, running maintenance scripts through Onyx, and even reloading the app, but nothing changes its terribly slow loading and freezing up habit. The thing just won’t load promptly and keeps hanging after awhile. At this point it’s become all but useless.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have suggestions for repairing it?

Back