imovie '09 issues

rosiegirl8

Registered
i upgraded to leopard and ilife '09 a couple of months ago and i just opened the new imovie for the first time. every year i make a video of my kids, pulling videos from our video camera and our little digital camera. but i look at the new imovie and i have no idea where to start!

here are a couple of problems that i've run into right at the start:

1. when i upload the video from my camera (it's a dv with tapes), some of the clips come out choppy so that they're not really clips at all. how do i fix this? or re-upload and erase the clips that are choppy?

2. imovie won't let me upload and save videos to my external drive (it's pretty old so i think it's not HFS+). i also have a second external drive that i got just for time machine backups. is it okay to use that for saving imovie stuff, too? i just really don't have room for huge videos on my hard drive.

3. in the old imovie, all i saw was each clip that i had taken. in imovie 09, each clip is made up of like 10 clips. it's really confusing me...how do i work with that? i guess i'm just not finding the program that intuitive...is there a good tutorial out there? i really just figured out how to use the old imovie but this one is driving me a bit crazy.

thanks!

Last edited:
thanks...there seem to be a few different imovie downloads on that site. which one should i be getting?

i've been trying to work more with imovie 09 today and i just can't figure it out.

okay, i tried to download a few of the imovies on the apple site but it won't let me. guess i can't go backwards anymore!

yup. when i try to download any of them (6.0.2, 6.0.3) it just tells me that i don't have the older version on my computer. which i don't because i upgraded to ilife '09 a couple of months ago.

Back