iMovie 3 will import, won\'t export to camcorder

shippster

Registered
I just did this about a month ago: Edit movie on old iMac (400 Mhz, w/ built in firewire), then export it back to the camcorder (Canon ZR200).

Now when I want to export the movie I get my camcorder warming up and right when it should start recording I get a message saying the connection was lost to my camcorder. Plus, when I quit iMovie it crashes instead (suggests I send a bug report to Apple).

The firewire cable is still in place. I have imported video to make sure it is working and then tried again with same result. I tried switching the camcorder to recorder mode instead of VCR mode and that makes things worse (as it should).

I tried repairing permissions and trashing the preferences file (the one I found was called com.apple.imovie.plist - is there another one?) - Neither of these things helped.

I have a copy of iMovie 2, but is an OS 9 app and installer and I did not install classic, so I can't install it to see if it would work anymore.

Since my last good export I have upgraded from Jaguar to Panther, which brought an upgrade from iMovie 2 to iMovie 3 (3.0.3 to be specific - came on an OEM panther disc). I upgraded the RAM from 392MB to 768MB too. To make diagnosing the issue even worse, I have tried a few freeware/shareware apps for panther. However, I have been using iMovie a lot to edit movies since the upgrades without a hitch.

Any ideas?

Back