Imovie 5 Sound?

Macpadawon

Registered
Hello I have imovie 5.0.x (latest versions of everything) QT 7.02. and I have noticed all of a sudden during playback (preview) of my imovie , it stutters out. I have found that removing the audio tracks entirely will fix the issue. however I then need my audio, any suggestions or klnown bugs about this? I have also noticed that my imovie file is larger than 5gigs, but that shouldn't be a problem as I am on a G5. Any suggestions/ideas are welcome, thanks.

I have the exact problem - remove audio and it runs fine... with audio it stutters and is impossible to work with. Running all latest updates 1.67 powerbook 2gig ram... any ideas???

If you are refering that it stutters or even disappears at edit points, then what you need to do is extract the audio, you will see that under one of the menu items, then that will copy the audio and use the copied track for smoother playback ;)

No, the tracks are extracted already - before i extracted them it worked fine. Now the audio plays but the video stutters and even stops for seconds at a time. Once i delete the audio tracks it plays smoothly.... is there a way to flatten the audio track back into the video?

to answer my own question... my imovie file was just to large a file. I split it inot to separate files and editing is back to normal.

Back