imovie doesnt work

sknoxreeves

Registered
Basically I really dont understand imovie used to work on my ibook but now there just seems to be a box popping up saying I need to change my resolution to 1024 x 768 for imovie to be able to work.

I went to system preferences, displays, and I get a window which is titled VA1916wSERIES and the only resolutions on offer seem to be 800 x 600 then behind it there is a window called VGA display and that has more options and I changed this to 1024 x 768 60 Hz....but it didnt make much difference, I then thought maybe I should change the option on the VA1916wSERIES window to 60 hz so it matched...but apart from that I dont see how to change that window. Imovie still isn't working, still telling me I need to get a bigger resolution, even though I have.

Now I have no clue what any of that actually means, I'm just blindly following instructions so maybe I did something really obvious wrong. If not, could anyone recommend any free video editing software I could download to my ibook?

Any help with how to fix this would be amazing!

Do you have an external monitor hooked up to your iBook?

Have you tried clicking the "Detect Displays" button in the Displays pane in the System Preferences? (Go to Apple menu, System Preferences, then click Displays)

Bot

oh NOW the little moniter pop up keeps coming on screen and telling me I should change my resolution to 1440 x900 but not telling me howww!!

all I see in the displays bit is 460 x 480 and 800 x 600

Do you have an all-white iBook? If so your (broken) screen resolution is 1024x768 and that resolution should be "mirrored" onto your external monitor. But you say it's at 800x600. Hmm. . .

You can get a free utility program that will let you use your external display at full resolution. I think it's called monitor spanning utility or something. Google it and let me know if you can't find it.

Good luck!

Bot

Back