imovie exporting

super_pup

scared.weird.little.guy
me and my dad were thinking - surely there must be an easier way to get something onto VHS that going thru the DV camera - is it possible to somehow plug the VCR into the puter and export directly to VHS???

i saw a device for doing this the other day in Fry's. it ran about $100 i think. however i think some macs, like the old imac, are already equipped for this and just need the right cable. i'm really not sure about that though.

What ports does your puter have?

DVI port?
S-Video port?
Analog Video port?
VGA port?
RGB port?

lol i dunno. ive got an ibook that has USB, FireWire, the external monitor thing...what do i need to have?

You need to know what kind of video output your computer supports without any extra hardware or software.

An iBook with the external monitor thing. Huh?

From Apple's website.

The iBook features a video output port that displays VGA, S-Video and composite video signals, and it supports both NTSC and PAL formats. In other words, a sense of modesty is about the only thing that could keep you from showing your movies and presentations on a projector or big-screen TV

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...taTtFCd3huIUaZVPRAwWW2/1.3.0.3.27.8.3.39.13.0

Back