imovie freezes when importing w/Dazzle

smilner

Registered
I have an imac with OS X. My brother loaned me his Dazzle bridge to import my pile of home movies on vhs tapes. I hooked it to the vcr and computer, and all seemed well. In imovie (in manual mode), it identified the dazzle, I hit import and hit play on the vcr. I thought it was going fine, but a few seconds into importing, the screen turned blue, the timer froze, and although it still said "importing" the actual import stopped. (I figured this out by allowing the vcr to keep playing for a minute or two and then hitting "done" and checking the length of the event.) This happens over and over and over. :( imovie refuses to give me more than about 2 1/2 minutes tops before stopping- it stops at random lengths, never the same.

I hope you can help me!! I don't know if it's a problem with the imovie software, the vcr, or the dazzle. The vcr is also plugged into a little tv, so I can set up the tapes where I want to be, etc., and the picture is fine. The dazzle is set on pass-through mode, but when I hit import and play, it automatically switches to A to D mode and I can't switch it back because trying to do so stops the import.

Also, the few seconds/minutes imported play back just fine in imovie. It just won't allow me to finish the whole import.

Back