iMovie & iDVD

untz

Registered
I imported 20 clips into iMovie... Now, while I am in iMovie, I click on the iDVD button, it shows 3 buttons (Add Chapter, Remove Chapter, Create iDVD Project)... The problem is that these buttons are not-selectable... I am trying to make a DVD out of these 20 clips so I can watch it on my personal DVD player which is attached to a TV...

I mean, I have 20 clips already imported into iMovie, how do I place these 20 into a DVD?

Please help! I would appreciate any suggestions....

First you create the movie in iMovie, add scene transitions, titles, etc. then once you have the Quicktime movie created and saved, then you open iDVD and add the startup menu, create the chapters, render the movie and burn the DVD.

There are several good how to books on iLife such as iLife '04: The Missing Manual and The Macintosh iLife '04 that will walk you through the steps of creating a moving using iMovie and iDVD. Unfortunately the books on iLife '05 are not scheduled for release until April, but you should be able to easily get by with the '04 instructions until then.

There's no easy way to do this?

There's an iDVD button in iMovie, how do I make it selectable?

Is it really this hard to use? There's not even that many menus in iMovie, so I figured that it would be fairly straight forward......

Can anyone please provide a set of simple instructions (step by step) on how to burn 10 Quicktime mov files into a DVD using iMovie or iDVD, or even a simpler way?

With thanks,

First and foremost, be sure you've dragged your videos to the timeline (at the bottom) in iMovie. If they're just sitting in the library (right-hand side) they're not really being used -- they're just available to be used. You need to arrange them the way you want them in the timeline as if you were creating a full video. Then go check that iDVD button and it should be working.

On a side note, this is the same behavior I've noted in several other timeline based video programs such as PowerDirector on Windows. With nothing "in the timeline", there's nothing for the program to do with your clips.

Back