Imovie Probs

spacehop

Registered
Hi! I have an Ibook G4 running OSx 10.3.9 and I just spent 24 very frustrating hours trying to edit a project in Imovie. The problems seem to start when I empty the trash, last night I had 400mb in there, which I tried to delete, It took 6 mins after which the screen returned to normal but the trash still had 160mb in it. When i emptied the trash again to get rid of this it said "empty trash error" and my project had been completly changed, all scenes and effects in wrong order etc, I shut it down and started up again and got the very helpfull error message..."your project cannot be read", I have checked how much free space is available on my 30gb harddrive and its about 5gb, do I hve to much on my machine or is it a bug? can anyone help me?

When you have an iMovie project in progress you should copy the project folder every hour or so - preferably to a different Hard Drive. That way, when things go wrong (and they do) the most you lose is an hour's work.

In your case - unless anyone has a better suggestion - you'll have to delete your project and start from scratch.

Make sure you have enough space on the HD to accommodate the entire project twice over. An external FireWire drive could be needed.

There have been alot of problems with iMovie and the trash. I have stopped emptying the trash untill the projet is finished and on dvd. There has been something fishy with the trash in iMovie for a while. I have the newest version, but have not tried emptying the trash just because I dont want to risk it and I have enough HD space.

Back