Import Video to Iphoto from Canon S50

seana22

Registered
I realize that some movie formats on older digital cameras do not coincide with older versions of IPhoto. I have the original Iphoto/IMovie on my PowerBook G4 and neither will recognize the Canon Powershot S50 digital camera on the desktop--yet it shows up on IPhoto. I am still able to import all photos.

But what I am wondering is if there is a way that I can import video to the HD some other way? I cannot find the camera using finder despite having a USB connection. All I would like to do is download the small videos that I have on the camera's disk. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks from this not-so savvy Mac user.

Canon Powershot S50 digital camera on the desktop ... I cannot find the camera using finder despite having a USB connection.

Are you using a USB cable from your camera, or a card reader? Check via System Profiler -> USB for anything that shows there; or via Disk Utility.

Have you tried it with Image Capture?

From Image Capture Help.
-Turn on your camera, and connect it to your computer with the cable that came with it.
-Open Image Capture if it doesn't open automatically.
-Click Download Some to choose specific items to transfer, or click Download All to transfer all items.
If you click Download Some, choose the items to transfer, and click Download.

By default, Image Capture transfers still images to your Pictures folder, video files to your Movies folder, and music files to your Music folder. To choose another folder, choose Other from the Download To pop-up menu, then click Download Some or Download All.

Back