IMPORTANT!!! -- Toast 5.1.4 and X.2

solrac

Mac Ninja
Anybody has used Toast Titanium 5.1.4 with Jaguar?

Mine is broken! Toast quits everytime you start it! I can't burn data CDs!!!

No update from Roxio yet.... (roxio.com)

I am using toast 5.1.4 and havent had a problew with it. i have heard that alot of ppl have and 5.1.3 has worked for them.

Originally posted by solrac
Anybody has used Toast Titanium 5.1.4 with Jaguar?

Mine is broken! Toast quits everytime you start it! I can't burn data CDs!!!

No update from Roxio yet.... (roxio.com)

Do you have WindowShade X installed? If so, upgrade to 2.1.1. It will fix it.

I had the same problem last night after upgrading. upgrade to toast 5.1.4 and it'll take care of it

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
I had the same problem last night after upgrading. upgrade to toast 5.1.4 and it'll take care of it

No, 5.1.4 was broken. Even Roxio has said that they will be releasing an update. But, the update to WindowShade X apparently fixed Roxio's problem, as well as its own.

That's wierd. I don't have any third party utils installed and upon trying 5.1.2 toast kept dying on me whenever I'd open it up. I upgraded to 5.1.4 and it took care of my problems.

AHHHHH THANK YOU

this is documented on unsanity's web site under WindowShade information.

Why would windowshade break Toast? That is very Windows-like behavior.......

i emaled unsanity support asking out of curiousity why it happened, but maybe someone here knows too?

Personally... I don't trust Unsanity's "Application Enhancer."
They say it runs as an app and therefore can't adversly affect any other apps or the system, but I say it CAN. Any app that can "modify how your applications work" is dangerous in my book.

I even bought Fruitmenu AND windowshade, but trashed them soon after this "Application Enhancer" came out.
If they want me to use their stuff from now on, they'll have to do a lot more explaining about exactly WHAT their little app can do with my computer and other apps.
It just sounded a bit too Microsoftonian to me... (-;

I use Toast 5.14 in Jag and have had no problems whatsoever. :)

Originally posted by gregarios
Personally... I don't trust Unsanity's "Application Enhancer."
They say it runs as an app and therefore can't adversly affect any other apps or the system, but I say it CAN. Any app that can "modify how your applications work" is dangerous in my book.

I even bought Fruitmenu AND windowshade, but trashed them soon after this "Application Enhancer" came out.
If they want me to use their stuff from now on, they'll have to do a lot more explaining about exactly WHAT their little app can do with my computer and other apps.
It just sounded a bit too Microsoftonian to me... (-;

I use Toast 5.14 in Jag and have had no problems whatsoever. :)

Personally i think it's marketing BS. But it DOES affect how other applications work. It lets them all have a windowshade feature. That "modifies how applications work". That's not dangerous...

The Application Enhancer doesn't just work with Windowshade. It is the new core for many of their apps, WindowShade X, FruitMenu, Silk and others are all using it, as well as anyone else's apps that want to take control of it.

The Application Enhancer system allows you to enhance or redefine certain behaviors for applications running on your system. It provides a way for third-party enhancer modules to modify how your applications work. Application Enhancers cannot affect the core system - they operate on an application level, therefore, they cannot cause a whole Mac OS X system to crash

I just want to know what "certain behaviors" really includes. I don't want some young entrepreneur writing some transparent virus that has access to ALL of my applications. :)

Call me paranoid, but I'd rather err on the side of safety.

For anyone who wants details from Unsanity, they are really cool there. I don't know about email, but if you look on their site, they use Frogblast (Hotline client) and are usually on.

Back