Importing Avi File to iDVD for Magic iDVD

ncarraway

Registered
Hi,
Does anyone know how to import an avi file into iDVD when trying to make a Magic DVD? When making a Magic iDVD, you are only able to import videos from the "Movies" section of the media browser, which includes only movies from your Movies folder. How can i import an avi or dv file that's on my desktop while in iDVD?
Thanks!!
NC

Have you tried placing the video files inside your movies folder before launching iDVD? if that's where it's looking, it's worth a try.

I would say, though, that iDVD would only want .mov files (though I would have thought DV files would be OK, too). AVI files are not easily understood by Quicktime, and if Quicktime can't read it, none of your iLife apps will be able to read it either.

Unless someone else here knows another way, I think you will need to convert your AVI file into another format that Quicktime (and therefore iDVD) can read. Where did this AVI file come from? The internet? A windows PC? You can try using DivX Doctor to convert the AVI to MOV, but that may not work, depending on what codec the AVI is using.

cool, thanks. i created the avi file using windows movie maker. it should be similar to a dv file.

i'll check out divx doctor, too.

Back