Importing Mail into Panther

cory1848

Registered
I just upgraded to Panther and I cant figure out how to import all my mail from Jaguar. Mail is working in Panther, I can send and recieve, but I want to be able to see all my old messages. Is there a folder they are all stored in?

Did you do an upgrade, an archive & install or a clean install? If you just upgraded, the mails should just 'be there'.

If you've got a backup of your Jaguar installation (or just your old Jaguar installation), you'll find your mails in

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Mail/Mailboxes

(where YOURNAME is your short username). You can copy/move them to the respective folder(s) in your Panther installation.

cory1848 said:
Is there a folder they are all stored in?
~/Library/Mail/mailaccountname/ in their is your INBOX.mbox

However, if you have new mail in Panther you are probably better off going Mail > File > Import Mailboxes ... and importing from your 10.2 backup.

dagaz said:
~/Library/Mail/mailaccountname/ in their is your INBOX.mbox

However, if you have new mail in Panther you are probably better off going Mail > File > Import Mailboxes ... and importing from your 10.2 backup.

I have installed Panther on a 2nd hard drive. I have Jaguar on another drive. I have tried Importing the mail but it just imports my mailbox but without all the old messages. I had set up 2 accounts under the Jaguar mail and it only imported one account. Any suggestions?

speedfreak said:
If you boot in Jaguar can you see the mail you are looking for?

Yes, When I am in Jaguar everything is fine. I want to migrate everything into Panther. I thought I could just copy everything over but I cant seem to find the folders to copy things too. I know that if I just did an upgrade to Panther over Jaguar I wouldnt have this problem but I wanted to avoid that so I could work out any problems or issues without losing productivity.

Back