Importing my Hotmails into Mail

Lt Major Burns

"Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
as of today, i now have a shiny new POP3 email account. this will eventually make my Hotmail account reduntant, or for junk. however, i have 1000+ emails stashed in my Hotmail inbox. is there any way to import them? i know in the past i've been able to download them into an email program, but i can't remember which, or how.

is there a way to get them all off the net and onto my hard drive, into a form usable and importable by Mail?

thanks. that wouldn't work, as i don't have Hotmail Plus! (and i'm not paying for a service just as i'm about to stop using it....), however, there was a link to FreePOP.

does anybody have any experience with this? it's not the simplest of programs to use, but i'm working it out... is it worth it?

I dunno anything about FreePOP, but it should do the trick from what I read. Pay attention, though, to the fact that once you _remove_ an account from Mail.app, the actual messages are also removed. (At least from your view. I find this behaviour very disturbing...)

aah ok. got that. it's not great at importing mail, but i got 163 of 1132 so far, the most recent ones...

one other thing, is there a way to import my contact list from msn?

This is what I use to access my Hotmail account inside Mail.app once you set it up you can just drag you emails into a local folder. It's called HTTPMail

it only works with PAID accounts now... :pi got all the emails though now. just want to be able to get my contacts from msn into Mail. got them accross from the old Hotmail msn to the new passported account msn.... just got to get them into address book now.

Back