Importing thumbnails to iPhoto2 - problemo!

iswitched

Registered
This might be a bit "wordy" so bear with me....
My local photo developer upped my films to a website, but unfortunately there is no support to d/l to a Mac. I have done "control + click, copy file to disk" and transferred them to my desktop in jpg format. Now the problem....
It appears they are only thumbnails and when exported to iPhoto 2, they are completely indistinct. I'm not very Mac savvy (yet), but these pics. are so blurry you can't see them properly.
I also tried "command+shift+4" to take a copy of them, but that copies in PDF format which again, won't allow me to export them to iPhoto.
Help!!!
You guys have been worth your weight in gold on past queries that I've had. If you can solve this one for me - well I'll just be blown away!!!
Many thanks:D

iSwitched

No support download to the Mac? Many times a service provider will say that just to be safe.

Were they stupid enough to create a Windows IE only service (proprietary Java, Intel only plugin, etc)

Are the thumbnails references to the real picture. If you click the picture, what happens?

What error are you getting when you try to download?

"Safari Enhancer" enables you to make Safari tell the servers it connects to "I am Windows IE". Try that.

Did you try Safari, IE, Chimera, Omniweb, Netscape, etc...

You can get the various web browsers and Safari enhancer from versiontracker.com (the center of the Mac software universe).

More info please...

1st - change film developers. anybody who even hints they won't supprot macs doens't deserve your money. that being said, there is nothing about displaying a jpeg that has anything to do platform. if you can see the full size pic, then you can save it to your HD. if you right click or even just click and hold, a contextual menu should appear to allow you to save the image.
are you sure the developer is meaning to share your pics to you thru the web or is it just showing you your 'contact sheet' so that you can order prints. if they're not showing you full size jpegs, something else is up other than not being mac supported.

Duh! I just revisited the site in question and find that I misread the original information there. Apparently you cannot download from their site at all, whether you have a PC or a Mac. Sorry!
EdX I have copied them by using the 'control + click' but it resulted in only a thumbnail copy. So I guess now, my question is, is there any way of converting that thumbnail to a full size pic and saving it as such?
Thanks again Jove and EdX for your replies.

iSwitched

no way that would result in decent pics that i know of. i think you need to pay like you're suppossed to. i'd still change developers just for saying macs aren't supported. don't reward ignorance. :D

Back